Walker End Houston (or “Walker End” for short) is the Independent Supporters Association for the Houston Dynamo. The Walker End Independent Supporters Association exists to:
A. Unite all fans, supporter group-affiliated and independent alike, by fostering a grass-roots Dynamo supporter community;
B. Promote supporter culture by:
1. Making songs and chants accessible to all;
2. Encouraging active participation throughout the stadium;
3. Assisting production and deployment of tifo;
4. Organizing road trips, tailgates, watch parties and social events;
C. Give back to the Houston-area community by making charitable donations and sharing soccer with under-privileged youths.
D. Advocate for the fair treatment of all Dynamo supporters by ensuring the protection of the Dynamo Supporters Bill of Rights.
Who We Are
We are Dynamo supporters. Our love for the Dynamo fuels our support for 90 minutes of every game, regardless of the outcome. We are a proactive force in every match and we relentlessly impose our collective will upon the game, the players, and the stadium environment. If our boys should stumble, we will pick them up and help carry them on. We will always show them they are loved.
We love our city. Our fan base represents all that is formidable about Houston. We think big and we work hard. We accept and embrace the responsibility to build and foster the growth of our community.
Like Houston’s population, Dynamo supporters are comprised of many different races, origins, faiths and philosophies. We are proud of our diversity. Despite our differences, we unite around a common thread: love for the Dynamo, love for Houston, and love for the beautiful game.
We demand excellence from our supporters just as we demand excellence from our team. Our support always adds value to the Dynamo franchise and makes Houston a more attractive destination for professional players.
We will never be silenced. We will always support the Dynamo with passion, dedication, and strength. We are Walker End.
The vision of Walker End is tifo in every section and 22,000 supporters singing for the Dynamo, a stadium-wide Dynamo supporter community.
Whether at home or on the road, when you support the team, you represent the Dynamo and Houston. Always act in such a way that brings respect to our team and city.
We believe that our team, city, players, coaches, front office and supporters are the best in MLS and all of the others are second-rate. But when we communicate that point, we do so without expressing bigotry. Do not dehumanize opponents. No racist or homophobic slurs.
We exist to support the Dynamo. Violence has absolutely nothing to do with supporting the team. If you are here to fight, you are not wanted here and you will be banned. If physically attacked, we reserve the right to defend ourselves. But initiating violence on anyone (fellow supporters, rival supporters, our stadium staff, road game stadium staff, etc.) will not be tolerated.
We expect you to be passionate. But use common sense and don’t be a knucklehead. Do not throw anything onto the field. Do not do anything that would attract police attention. Do not put people’s safety at risk.
Respect yourself. Respect your fellow supporters. Respect our players, coaches, front office, and stadium staff. Respect what we have spent the past seven years building in Houston.
Self-Policing & Honor Code Enforcement in Supporters Sections
Supporters groups will self-police their members and enforce the Honor Code by adhering to the following guidelines in designated supporters sections:
A. Enforce the Honor Code with a caution/sending off self-policing system adhering to the following guidelines:
1. Supporters who violate the Honor Code will be verbally issued a “Yellow” denoting caution or “Red” denoting he or she has been ejected;
2. Instances of bigotry or violence shall result in an individual immediately being ejected;
3. Instances of flagrant poor representation of club and city, stupidity, or disrespect shall result in an individual being issued a caution or being ejected depending on severity; and
4. An individual who accumulates two cautions in a game shall be ejected.
B. An individual who is ejected from a game will receive an automatic 1-home game ban;
C. In addition, for an individual’s first ejection, the individual’s respective group leadership will assess any additional punishment deemed appropriate; and
D. For an individual’s second (and any subsequent) ejection(s), the Executive Council will assess any additional punishment deemed appropriate.
Dynamo Supporters Bill of Rights
The Houston Dynamo Front Office and Major League Soccer will ensure†:
1. A place in the stadium for supporters to stand, sing, and cheer;
2. The use of all safe, legal methods of showing support, including but not limited to flags, banners, drums, instruments, overhead banners and safe pyrotechnics;
3. Clear and consistent written guidelines for our supporters;
4. Security personnel with an understanding of, and training in, supporter culture;
5. Consistent, fair, evenhanded and evidence-based enforcement of stadium rules and regulations;
6. An appeals process for bans and sanctions imposed by Front Office and Major League Soccer; and
7. A designated place to tailgate.
A. The Walker End Independent Supporters Association (WEISA) shall have no official membership but participation shall be open to all Dynamo fans and the ISA shall recognize affiliate supporters groups.
B. The WEISA Charter shall be executed by the Executive Council.
C. The Executive Council shall be comprised of a delegation of:
1. Up to two representatives from each affiliate supporters group, and
2. Three At-Large delegates to be elected by the general Dynamo fan base for a 1-year term every February except for the inaugural At-Large delegates who shall be appointed by the affiliate supporters groups delegates.
D. Each delegate shall have one vote on Executive Council motions.
A. Supporters Group Affiliation
1. Affiliate status shall be open to any independent, organized supporters group.
2. To affiliate, a supporters group must adopt and agree to the WEISA Charter and Honor Code.
3. Eligible supporters groups may motion for their own affiliate recognition. A group shall be admitted as an affiliate supporters group by an absolute majority of “aye” votes of the Executive Council.
4. A motion to revoke a group’s affiliate status shall require 2/3 “aye” votes of the Executive Council to carry.
B. Representation & Voting
1. All motions require an absolute majority of “aye” votes of and quorum to carry
2. Quorum shall be defined as at least one delegate from 50% or more of the affiliate supporters groups and at least one at-large delegate.
C. Amendments to the WEISA Bylaws and Charter shall require a 2/3 “aye” vote and quorum to carry.
1. The Independent Supporters Association shall hold an annual general meeting in December.
2. Executive Council meetings shall be announced and open to all Dynamo supporters. However, voting rights are exclusively for delegates on the Executive Council
†These are what we feel are our rights. The Dynamo Supporters Bill of Rights is still a topic of ongoing conversation with the Houston Dynamo Front Office & Major League Soccer.